BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Boozing

I'm a huge fan of bringing my own booze into the festival. Every year I think up a creative way to sneak it in without getting it seized (it's kind of like a little game I play with myself).

One year I took a double-lined tote bag, ripped open the seam that held the two linings together, stuffed about 40 pocket shots (pocketshot.net) into the space I created, and then used a hot glue gun to put the seam back together. I had a locker and just stuffed all of the pocket shots in there for storage; they lasted us all weekend.

My favorite creation was the round pillow I made. I was able to stuff it full of mini bottles and then stick the pillow under my shirt. Voila! Fake pregnancy. Then I just waddled through the entrance. The best part was that a couple of the golf cart jockeys took pity on me during the long walk in and I got a ride in each day.

Last year I discovered disposable flasks and I don't think I'm going to need to bother with coming up with any more creative ideas. I'll miss the challenge, but what's the point when you find something that works so well? Each one holds 5 shots and they're pretty malleable (even when full) so it's easy to hide them in your bags or in your "nether regions". I got mine through www.disposableflasks.com. They've come in handy a few times since last year's festival so I definitely feel I got my money's worth out of my last order.



More on drinking at the festival later...

0 comments: